Article updated on April 12, 2018.
Here’s What You Need to Know
With the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into effect on May 25 in the UK, we’d like to notify you of the key changes we’re making to Ibcos Gold to help users like you achieve compliance with this new regulation more easily.
Though we intend to do everything we can to smoothen this transition, it’s still up to you to determine the GDPR compliance criteria for your specific business needs – either through online research or the services of a GDPR consultant.
NOTE: Depending on your situation, you may also choose to manage some of the GDPR-related elements outside of Gold.
Ibcos Gold Changes You Should Expect
The GDPR-related changes will come in two sets, based on their level of usefulness:
The first set of changes will be focused primarily on controlling marketing preferences, allowing you to:
- Add new flags at a contact level within customers and suppliers, relating to different contact methods such as post, email, text and phone
- Create a system audit when these flag settings are changed
For Customers Only:
- Pick up these flags within various modules, such as CRM
- Provide a mass update facility of marketing preferences
NOTE: The above changes will be incorporated into Ibcos Gold v7.13 and v6.4. If you’d like to receive these changes, you’ll need to take the latest update when it is issued. If you are on a version older than v6.4, and are interested in receiving these changes, you’d need to upgrade to v6.4 or higher.
The next set of changes to Ibcos Gold will delve into the following areas:
- The right to be forgotten
- The right to data portability
- Non-manufacturer specific data feeds (e.g. exporting data from Gold)
- Impact on copy companies and backup solutions
Need More Details?
A good starting point for your research would be to visit the Information Commissioner’s Office for more details.